Do you want more out of life? Are you ready to take yourself to the next level? Here are three things today that will greatly impact your process.
- Reading. Reading creates the potential to spark new insights. More sources of growth, greater potential to learn.
- Journaling. Introspection and reflection determine whether you spend your time going in circles or upwards. Experience alone is not enough.
- Learning constantly. If you could learn just three things a day, you will be a different person in a month, and you could have a different life in a year.
P.S. Since we learn in different ways, we can use of different tools to optimize the reading and learning process. Kindle is a good portable reading solution. If you move around quite a bit, you’ll appreciate the convenience of an online access to thousands of great books with Kindle Unlimited. Podcasts and Audible are a good fit where you do repetitive tasks that require minimal active attention. If you’re into the feel of the pages, there’s always the paperback version on Amazon, and their free shipping trial with Prime or Prime Student. Mix and match and keep experimenting.
Here are three take-aways from the book Atomic Habits by James Clear.
- You fall to the level of your habits. So raise them.
- Make good habits convenient. Make the habit easy, attractive, and rewarding.
- Don’t overvalue one big win. The daily improvements are worth more attention.
P.S. This book is an enjoyable read, it’s insightful and practical. You can get it in paperback, e-book, and audiobook formats.
Ever wondered what you’re really about and what you want out of life? Here are three things today to help you find out.
- Observe. Thoughts and feelings are cues. The negatives are signaling that something must change. The true positives are a nod in the right direction. Tuning in gives you the chance to improve on what comes next.
- Practice self compassion. Absolutely take ownership of losses but also be kind. Overcome the judging so you can start knowing. And keep growing.
- Befriend yourself. Enjoy your own company. Ask how you’re doing and what you can do to help. Always be there. For you.
A life-change is a tall order but there are three things today that you can use to empower yourself to make that change.
- Clarity is the habit of being crystal clear. Define what you want by imagining. In the morning, picture the ideal day. This makes it simpler to make the rest of the day fit that picture. In life, imagine the best that you want to have. It makes the journey less difficult, more directed, and quite stirring.
- Discipline is the habit of doing. Your actions echo your intentions.
- Consistency is the habit of repetition. Every act compounds. Eventually, you become what you do. And life becomes as you are.